The Center for Effectiveness in Learning & Teaching (CELT) exists to assist faculty who teach at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor to excel in teaching, to enhance their Christian calling to the academic world, and to support student learning.
The CELT seeks to advance teaching at UMHB by promoting a university culture that puts the educational experiences of students first, by valuing a scholarly approach to teaching and learning, and by focusing on faculty success with teaching. The CELT provides a variety of activities to enrich the academic experiences of faculty, which include:
- Supporting effective and innovative teaching
- Advancing new initiatives in teaching and learning
- Building communities of teaching and learning within and across disciplines and schools
- Providing individual consultations about teaching and course design
- Engaging faculty in the scholarship of teaching and learning
UMHB is a member of the Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network which sponsors workshops and conferences related to faculty development.
The facility offers the following resources: workshops, faculty lounge, conference room, and resource room.
Schedule to Attend a CELT Session on How the IDEA Has Changed - click here